- Duquesne University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A.
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Allegheny County Bar Association
Ben Orsatti is an associate attorney in CF+W's Labor & Employment, Municipal, Litigation, and Non-Profit and Tax-Exempt Groups. He represents public and private clients in collective bargaining, interest and grievance arbitration, and employment matters at the administrative level (e.g., NLRB, PLRB, EEOC, PHRA, OSHA, OFCCP, etc.) and in state and federal court litigation. He also counsels and advises clients in areas such as employment discrimination, health and safety compliance, wage and hour law, employee benefits, federal contract compliance, human resources, and related matters.
Examples of Ben's experience include:
- Business Torts
- Breach of Contract
- Collective Bargaining and Interest Arbitration
- Data Protection/HIPAA Policy Creation, Administration and Compliance
- Employment Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation
- Employee Benefits Plan Creation, Administration and Compliance
- Federal Contract Compliance, including Davis-Bacon Act and OFCCP Compliance
- Grievance Arbitration
- Labor Law and Personnel Matter Counseling
- Loudermill Hearings & Weingarten Interviews
- Municipal and County Health, Welfare and Pension Matters
- Non-compete and Confidentiality Agreements
- Public and Private Employee Discipline and Termination
- Transportation Matters, including Duty Hours Restrictions for Commercial Drivers
- Unfair Labor Practices(ULP), Unfair Practice (UP), and Representation Proceedings before the Nation Labor Relations Board and PA Labor Relations Board
- Wage and Hour Issues with the Federal Department of Labor and PA Department of Labor and Industry
HR Training for HR Professionals and Supervisory Level and Rank and File Employees Including:
- ADA, FMLA and OSHA
- Disciplinary Process
- Drug & Alcohol Policies, Testing and Medical Marijuana Issues
- FLSA Compliance
- Police and Fire Fighter Issues
- Proper Write Ups and Documentation
- Sexual Harassment
- Technology in the Workplace
A lifelong Pittsburgher, Ben attended the University of Pennsylvania from 1997 to 2000 (including a six-month stint at the University of Paris, VII), after which he enrolled in the Duquesne University School of Law and resumed his lifelong-Pittsburgher status. He began his legal career in general practice, family law, and litigation but has been dedicating himself primarily to labor and employment and municipal law since 2014. A profound amateur of history and philosophy, Ben sees his mission as one of assiduously safeguarding his clients’ rights and ensuring that the law operates as it should.
Ben lives in Swisshelm Park with his wife and three children, where the family enjoys spending as much time as possible outdoors in the glory of nature. He is a professed Secular Franciscan and past Deputy Grand Knight of the Knights of Columbus. He enjoys snowboarding, crossword puzzles, studying languages, reading books written in Middle English, and other nerdy “niche” endeavors.